Error while loading diagnostics problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while loading diagnostics problem

chop
Contributor I

I have a small project using the QD4  I used DIP ( CPC)  packages while prototyping with no problems , the next step of transferring to SMD has given problems , the SOIC (CSC) packages don't want to progam , either giving intermittent "no connection"  problems or, when they do connect, they programming fails with the message " Error while programming diagnostic s algorithms to target system , chip may be secured or derivative selected may be wrong" ,

I have tried a selection of half a dozen new CSC chips both on the insitu PCB and in an soic programming jig with the same results , I though it might be a problem with the programmer (Witztronics) or the fact I am powering from a single Li ion cell , but swapping  back to the DIP version clears the problem  and returns normal operation  .

The Codewarrior I'm using shows as v 5.9.0.

Any suggestions apart frpm redesigning the board for through hole ?? 

Art

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

chop
Contributor I

Bad form to answer your own questions, but while I was browsing around I came across some information in the Open source BDM forum relating to problems programming new chips  and it reminded me that my DIP chips were orignally programmed in a USB Spyder  unit , Digging out my Spyder and connecting it to the soic programming holder or project PCB has allowed me to do an initial program of the chips and after this the Witztronics unit programs them without any problems !!

As they say , one of the "Traps for young players"   or new programmers !!

Aplogies for the bandwidth , but possibly it may come in useful for someone in future

Art

0 Kudos