Driving Osram 4 digit display with JM60

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving Osram 4 digit display with JM60

crash
Contributor I

Beginner here. I'm using the freescale usb JM60 demo board tutorial to try and drive an osram intelligent display.I'm trying to use Endpoint 3[bulk] to drive portB and D pins to initialize display and send data. I can send hex numbers to Enpoint three but none of the port pins change after initializing them to one for output.

Can someone explain how to send data properly to the osram and whats going on in the enpoint buffer? How come my ports arnt changing in debug when I send data to the endpoint buffer?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

crash
Contributor I

Sorry for the unreadable first post. I bought a second single digit osram and I am able to drive it with the JM 60 board by bypassing the usb C# interface from the tutorial and flashing a simple initialization program to lamp test the display and mcu outputs. Everything works that way but when I use the Samuel USB Device driver from the tutorial it stops working. The driver in the device manager throws a code 10 and wont start. It worked for quite a while then stoped again.Very frustrating for a beginner. Guess I need to research  USB 2.0 standard yeech. Complicated.   

0 Kudos