cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 10.6 / MCF5480 - Debugger complains of bad arguments

Jump to solution
brianmitchell
Contributor II

When I use a brand new hello world project that is generated with CW10.6 for an MCF5480 and try to start a RAM debugger session, Eclipse always gives the "Error, Failed to resume target process., Bad arguments passed to function". Any ideas for how to get around this error? The debugger seems to connect to the P&E Multilink, but never gets started loading the ELF file.

I did find Error, Failed to resume target process., Bad arguments passed to function , but it is not related to this problem. (DE.exe is only running for the connection I'm trying to initialize.)

This installation of CW10.6 works fine for Kinetis devices.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian Mitchell

Unfortunately the CodeWarrior Version released after 10.3 have a bug that causes the issue you mention. However since MCF5480 is Not Recommended for New Design, I can give you a link to download CodeWarrior version 10.3, which should work for you. Since MCF5484 is a legacy part there are no significant changes between 10.3 and 10.6 regarding build tools (compiler/linker).

Regards

Jorge Alcala

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian Mitchell

Unfortunately the CodeWarrior Version released after 10.3 have a bug that causes the issue you mention. However since MCF5480 is Not Recommended for New Design, I can give you a link to download CodeWarrior version 10.3, which should work for you. Since MCF5484 is a legacy part there are no significant changes between 10.3 and 10.6 regarding build tools (compiler/linker).

Regards

Jorge Alcala

brianmitchell
Contributor II

Thanks!

I can easily use v10.3.

0 Kudos