cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error, Failed to resume target process., Bad arguments passed to function

Jump to solution
VinceTF
Contributor III

Got into work this morning, opened a known good project, started the debugger as I normally do and got the following error message, "Failed to resume target process., Bad arguments passed to function"

Note that the P&E device is connected and both LED's are on.

What could be causing this issue?

-Vince

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent,

hmm, I do not believe that .history folder had an impact. This .history folder is for the Editor only as far as I can tell (see CodeWarrior Tool Tip #3: History repeats itself).

But what I think is maybe more that you had a DE.exe zombie running (the debugger engine did not respond any more). With shutting down eclipse that problem was 'solved' for you. If this happens again to you, see Killing Me Softly: Zombies and Debugger Engines | MCU on Eclipse

Regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Vincent!

How is the project going?

We'd like to know! :smileywink:

Regards!

0 Kudos
VinceTF
Contributor III

It's working well now.  Thanks for checking in.

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Great!!!

We'll be around!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you check your launch/debug configuration? It could be that no target/debug connection is set up?

Erich

0 Kudos
VinceTF
Contributor III

Erich,

Thank you for your quick response.

I checked the debug configuration and it is unchanged from when the project was working.

It looks like I was able to resolve this issue by doing the following:

1) Exit codewarrior Eclipse.

2) Navigate to: Workspace directory\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.history

3) Delete all folders except for 0 and 1 in this directory.

4) Restart CW and debug.  Now the issue is no longer observed.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent,

hmm, I do not believe that .history folder had an impact. This .history folder is for the Editor only as far as I can tell (see CodeWarrior Tool Tip #3: History repeats itself).

But what I think is maybe more that you had a DE.exe zombie running (the debugger engine did not respond any more). With shutting down eclipse that problem was 'solved' for you. If this happens again to you, see Killing Me Softly: Zombies and Debugger Engines | MCU on Eclipse

Regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
VinceTF
Contributor III

Thanks for the info.  I'll be sure to keep an eye on DE.exe in the future.

BTW, I performed several restarts of CW which did not resolve the issue.  This is why I thought clearing .history may have solved it.  I guess I just got lucky on the last re-start.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually closing Eclipse closes as well de.exe. But in case this fails, it is still there and causes problems. Up to the fact that there might be multiple instances running (and this causes problems). A reboot of the machine definitely 'solves' that situation. Killing the de.exe from the task manager is much faster and does the same thing.

0 Kudos