Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60F120M getting the DAC to work

Jump to solution
jrs1986
Contributor II

Hi,

I tried to get the ADC and DAC to run on the TWR-K60F120M. I am using KDS and PE. I added the ADC and it worked like a charm. I can see the zig-zag curve that the wave gen generates when tracing the output variable within FreeMASTER. Now I just looped the output back into the DAC and wanted to see the signal again on the oscilloscope. But the DAC just does not seem to work at all. I used this example as a starting point.

I tried to use the high level PE component  as well as the LDD directly.

Did anyone ever try to use the DAC and can possibly help me with any guidance or tips?

Best regards and thanks,

Jan

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jan,

Please, be sure to select the correct voltage reference for DAC. According to K60's reference manual, you can chose between two different Voltage Reference: Internal reference that is obtained from VREF_OUT and External Reference that is obtained from VDDA.

I made a simple example using PEx and selected the External Reference and DAC is working without problems. (For Internal reference, you will need to configure VREF)

DAC reference voltage.jpg

I attach this basic example,

Hope this can help you,

Best Regards,

Isaac

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jan,

Please, be sure to select the correct voltage reference for DAC. According to K60's reference manual, you can chose between two different Voltage Reference: Internal reference that is obtained from VREF_OUT and External Reference that is obtained from VDDA.

I made a simple example using PEx and selected the External Reference and DAC is working without problems. (For Internal reference, you will need to configure VREF)

DAC reference voltage.jpg

I attach this basic example,

Hope this can help you,

Best Regards,

Isaac

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jrs1986
Contributor II

Hi Isaac,

thanks, that actually was the only problem. The default was using the internal reference which I did not change. But why is VREF_OUT not configured?

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jan,

VREF_OUT is not configured because it is necessary to add this module and configure apart. This is done because VREF_OUT is not only used for DAC but it is also used for ADC module and others.

So basically, if you need to select VREF_OUT as reference voltage for DAC, you will need to add this component and configure it as well.

Configure VREF.jpgI hope this can help you,

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos