Cannot load KDS demo workspace on the Freedom K64?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load KDS demo workspace on the Freedom K64?

razed11
Contributor V

Hi Everyone,

Currently I am using IAR + MQX 4.1.1 but I'd like to consider KDS for future projects.

I installed the latest KDS, KSDK, and the KDS update that came with KSDK.

I was able to create a new project but I haven't been able to open an example. I tried File > Switch Workspace... > Other... and chose

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\demos\lwip_httpserver_demo\httpserver_rtos\httpserver_mqx\kds\frdmk64f120m

This caused KDS to restart but it came back up to the "Junk" workspace I had created.

I installed in the default location. I even tried running KDS as an administrator. Project > Open Project... is grayed out.

Thanks,

Kenny

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kenny,

Before  open the SDK demo, the driver library project should bi built to generate the library archives : ksdk_platform_lib.a .

You can refer to   C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\doc\Kineties SDK K64 User's Guide.pdf     "Appendix A: Build the platform driver library" and

" 4.4.2  Build a demo application ".

Best Regards,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you for your support to us!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

To run the projects included in the KSDK you need to install the software into KDS IDE. Please follow the next tutorial to accomplish this.

Writing your first toggle LED application with FRMD-K64F + KDS 1.1.0 + KSDK 1.0.0 Non-Processor Expe...

Hope this information can help you.

Regards,

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

razed11
Contributor V

The document helped and what it didn't provide I managed to figure out.

I have a JLink and I was able to establish a connection and step through blinking the green LED once (I could blink the LED several times I just could only connect once :smileyhappy:). I terminated and tried to run again but got "error with command: gdb --version". I tried restarting KDS and killing the GDB server but it didn't help.

Related to my original question: Is there a workspace to build all the libraries for KSDK? To move forward I added the platform project to my workspace, built it, then added the archive using Properties.

Thanks,

Kenny

0 Kudos