Hey there! Are you familiar with this device shown on top? If you find it similar to the CodeWarrior TAP probe then you are ringing the right bells.
The magic thing of this innovative device is that you can debug systems remotely or more effectively share a single system with multiple developers. When a shared system is not needed, CodeWarrior TAP connects directly to the developer’s workstation with a single USB cable. Power is supplied by the USB port so that no additional cables are required!
This means that the TAP also enables Freescale target system debugging via a standard debug port (usually JTAG) while being connected to your workstation via Ethernet or USB. For this reason this device can also be found under the name of probe, JTAG probe, JTAG emulator or target probe.
These are some of the great features offered by the TAP:
- Allows either USB or Ethernet (10/100 ) host connection for the developer workstation
- USB powered, even when using Ethernet
- Low cost removable probe tips sold separately
- Supports debugging via JTAG interface
- Automatically supports system voltage levels from 1.2 to 3.3
- Supports all available core speeds and voltages for supported Freescale processors
- As a convenience feature, the CodeWarrior can connect to a target systems serial port allowing telnet access to a remotely located system and control of the U-boot program.
Keep finding more features and applications within the Fact Sheet
If you'd like to dig further into the TAP world, you can also find The User Guide equally useful!
Please note that this device is not up for sale (just yet!). Regardless, Freescale is accepting pre-orders for CodeWarrior TAP now with shipments planned in late October, and DebuggerGuys will keep you informed on this! Don't hesitate on asking beyond!