2016 Rules per Region

2015 Rules per Region

2014 Rules per Region

[ARCHIVE] 2013 Rules per Region

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Flavio,

So other than track change, same rules as last year? What is meant by “additional tiers of competition” ?

Daniel

Hi Daniel, you might have a look at the introduction presentation. We are officially starting a program with High Schools and we are finishing to work on the Innovation Challenge that would target more Master students. The Freescale Cup for Bachelors with participation (max 1 student/team) of Master level student remains our most focus challenge at this point.

Flavio,

The Worldwide Challenge Rules said that we must use approved controller and motor dirver boards.Does that mean we must use controller board designed by Freescale,or controller board designed by ourselves with chip described below?

cxd

Hi Tommy, the rules are pretty clear. The MCU control board and the motor control unit must be approved boards per the rules. This means no custom boards for those functions

How is it with Li-ION Batterys.

Is it allowed to use: 2Cells = 7,4V?

Hi

I would like to get some clarification on the rules regarding the batteries as well. Can we use Li-Po batteries as they are quite similar to Li-ion. Or the rules are fixed; ONLY NiMH, NiCad or Li-ion batteries are allowed. There are many Li-Po batteries with lower capacity and lighter, so we were wondering if its ok to use it during the race. Kindly advice. Thank u!

Can you send me a photo of the battery you want to use and a description of the battery, as well as the URL of where to be purchased?

Thanks you,

Andy

Andy Mastronardi

Manager University Programs

Freescale

6501 William Cannon Drive

Austin, TX 78735

www.freescale.com/universityprograms<http://www.freescale.com/universityprograms>;

P: 512-895-6447

C: 512-656-2479

Hey Andy,

it´s not about an special Kind of Battery.

It is the Question, because in the Rules it is said that: (Part 2)

"The participants must provide the battery. The electrical restrictions are:

1. 7.2V, <=3000mAh, rechargeable NiCd, NiMH or Li-ION." - TFC 2016 EMEA Rules V2

7.2 Volts (nominal) is just Possible with the use of 1,2V (NiCd or NiMH) Cells:

7,2V / 1,2V/Cell = 6 Cells

Li-ION Cells have an nominal Voltage of 3,7V

that means: Either you can use One Cell = 3,7V

OR you can use: 2 Cells

2 * 3,7V/Cell = 7,4V

So according to the Rules its not allowed to use 2 Cells because you are nominal 0,2V OVER the Max Voltage.

But nobody would use 3,7V Li-ION Cell when he can use 7,2V NiXX Cell.

So there would be no reason to Allow Li-ION in first Place.

An Idea of which Battery can give you following Link:

Modellbau-Akkupack (LiPo) 7.4 V 900 mAh 25 C Hacker EC3 zum Conrad Online-Shop | 000239504

So Please clarify if we can use 2 Cell Li-ION (LiPo) Batterys or not.

Sincerely,

David

David, the battery you are referring to is LiPo and we do not allow LiPo in our challenge. Main reason is because depending how far you get into the challenge, you might be called upon flying with your car in your hand carriage or in your checked luggage. Those batteries are strictly regulated on how they can be shipped and carried around.

Please stick to the battery types listed in the rules.

Hi Flavio

I think it is clear now that the battery that can be used is NiMH, NiCd and Li-Ion. Also, I wasnt aware of the plane regulations. Most li-po batteries are 7.4V instead of 7.2V. I must have overlooked the differences.

THANK U!

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎09-09-2012 12:02 PM
Updated by: