Troubleshooting: PEMicro Debugging: Problems resuming from breakpoint in vTaskDelay

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting: PEMicro Debugging: Problems resuming from breakpoint in vTaskDelay

Condition: 

I am trying FreeRTOS using S32K118 EVB and run in DEBUG mode. When I set the break point in vTaskDelay and press Resume for the first time, there is a smooth stop at the break point. The second time I press Resume, the debugger should enter the same break point again, but there is no response. Then I press Suspend and can't press Resume again, at this point I can only leave. However, I am free to run this project with no problem, what's wrong?

Analysis:

This is due to an access of DDR memory region which is not initialized by default project settings.

Solution:

To resolve it, a macro initializing the DDR memory should be selected to run at the beginning of a debug session. A user should go to Advanced Options dialog and check "Enable initialization script". Our DDR init macros can be found at the following location within S32DS3.2 layout: eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_4.2.8.201909091700\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\S32Vxxx\S32V234M100_DDR3_EVB29288.mac. Please note that the type of the macro might depend on the revision of the board and S32V23x device one is working with. I am also attaching a picture of debug configuration and Advanced Options dialog with all the settings in place.

pastedImage_1.png

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎09-16-2019 06:38 AM
Updated by: