Use the New Project Wizard in S32 Design Studio to create a bare board project. The process is very straightforward, but there are some choices to be made. Which processor, toolchain, SDKs, and debugger you want supported, are the most important. However, you also have options to select on how many cores should be enabled, which C library to use, I/O Support, FPU Support, C/C++ language. All of these are explained within the user manual, but the default settings should work for most users. In this document, we walk you through the process from start to finish.
1. Launch S32 Design Studio
2. Select File->New->S32DS Application Project
3. Enter a project name, for example 'New_S32V_App'
4. Expand the folder 'Family S32V' and select the desired core. For example 'S32V234 Cortex-A53'
5. Click Next
6. Notice there are options for I/O Support, FPU Support, Language, SDKs, and Debugger. Notice different options are supported for Debugger, depending upon the selected Processor. Also, there will be an option for the S32 Configuration Tool, when supported.
7. Click Finish
8. The new project is generated. It contains a sample accumulator application. It is possible to build and debug this project without any changes. Add your content to this base project.