The Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors’ Embedded Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors, is pleased to announce the release of the S32 Design Studio 2018.R1 for S32 Automotive Platform|NXP.
• NXP GCC toolchains for ARM32 and aarch64 bareboard and Linux targets (GCC version 6.3.1 20170509, build 1574 revision g924fb68)
• S32 Debug Probe support provided with S32 Debugger (support for S32V23x, RAM + FLASH) and S32 Trace tool for S32V23x
• S32 Trace tool is integrated to provide software analysis features (profiling, code coverage, and other)
• PEMicro® hardware debugger support provided with P&E Debugger
• Lauterbach Trace32® support
• S32 Flash Tool is delivered to support Flash/SD/MMC memory programming for S32V234
• S32 SDK for S32V23x 0.8.1 EAR is integrated
• S32DS Extensions and Updates tool for automatic lookup and on-demand installation of software packages adding support for the NXP Arm® based processor families
• S32 Configuration Tool framework (EAR6) with the Pin, Clock, Peripheral configuration tools
Complete S32 Design Studio 2018.R1 release notes are available here.
To download the installer please visit the S32 Design Studio product page download section or click the direct here.
The installer requires the Activation ID to be entered. You should receive a notification email including the Activation ID after the download of the installation package starts.
The installer installs just the base tools/package. In order to start development it is necessary to install at least one Development package. Currently the only application package available is Vision S32V2xx (Other packages are coming soon). The application packages are managed by S32DS Extensions and Updates.
S32 Design Studio issues are tracked through the S32DS Public NXP Community space.