S32 Design Studio (S32DS) supports Wind River Eclipse plug-in which integrates Wind River Diab tool chain for e200 (PowerPC architecture) into Eclipse IDE.
S32DS integration by a new project wizard that allows to create a new project with Wind River Diab build tools.
The generated executable can be then debugged by any supported debugger plug-in (PEMicro, iSystem, PLS, Lauterbach)
S32 Design Studio versions that support Wind River Diab plugin: S32DS Power v1.1+
First of all make sure you have Wind River Diab tools installed on your machine. You can start with Wind River Diab Compiler 5.9.6 Evaluation
Anyway, after your evaluation period expires you need a valid license from Wind River to be able to use this plug-in in S32DS.
The plug-in is available with the Diab compiler and it's located here:
"<WindRiver home folder>\compilers\eclipse_cdt"
1. Run S32 Design Studio and go to menu "Help" -> "Install New Software" and click on "Add..." button. Enter the local location to the folder above.
2. select the "Diab Compiler Support for Eclipse C/C++ IDE " and click "Next"
3. Read and Tick " I Accept the terms of the license agreement" and agree with installation of the unsigned content.
4. When the plug-in is successfully installed you will be asked to restart S32DS.
5. Set the path to the Diab compiler for your workspace (S32DS_DIAB_PATH environment variable) in the Window->Preferences->C/C++->Build->Build Variables (Show System Variables). If you switch the workspace you will need to enter this path again.
Now you should be able to create a new project with Wind River Diab toolchain available:
The created project includes Diab specific files such as "dld", startup code as well as tools specific setup in the project properties (Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings (Tools Settings Tab)
Enjoy building with Wind River Diab plug-in in S32DS!