OpenWRT Thread Border Router using i.MX6UL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demo

This demo showcases an OpenWRT based Thread Border router running on i.MX6UL and the various options to configure and use routing, firewall and out of band commissioning for Thread networks in combination with WiFi, Ethernet and NFC. OpenWRT is an open source Linux distribution for embedded devices specifically designed for residential gateways and routers. When enhanced with the Kinetis Thread protocol it offers the perfect solutions for creating a Linux based Thread Border Router

Large and dense mesh network consisting in 64+ Thread nodes

Each node is router capable, network decides dynamically which nodes become active routers

Multiple application functionality run in parallel:

• Device addressing and identification
  • Lighting demonstration with multicast
  • Occupancy sensing demonstration
  • Border Router with Network management web GUI

Features:

• Application layer communication based on generic CoAP framework
  • CoAP messaging aligned with current ZigBee or OIC frameworks
  • Kinetis KW2xD and Kinetis KW41 ARM Cortex-M4/M0+ MCUs with large on-board memory (up to 512KB flash/128 KB RAM) enable multiple applications to run on a common Thread IP network fabric.
  • 1 i.MX6UL ARM Cortex-A7 with Kinetis KW2xD Linux Border Router used for interfacing with network management GUI
  • Network management and interoperable Thread diagnostics framework used to monitor node state
  • Nodes are enabled for OTA Updates

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Featured NXP Products:

ProductLink
i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kiti.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit | NXP 
Freedom Development Platform for Kinetis® KW2x MCUsFRDM-KW24D512|Freedom Development Platform|Kinetis | NXP 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

149350_149350.jpgpastedImage_16.jpg

149351_149351.jpgpastedImage_17.jpg

Labels (1)
Comments

Hi Cristian,

Is the source code and image available for developers ?

-

Dhvanil

Hi,

I'm very interested in the OpenWRT image. Is it possible to get the source code of the openWRT tree for i.MX6UL? (thread is not necessary for us).

or at least, target directory, dts, drivers and  patches.

I've already got the i.mx6ul evaluation kit.

thanks in advance

Miguel

edk

Yes, but you will need to submit a request to access our Pre-Certified Thread Network Stack. Please go to the following link: www.nxp.com/thread for more information.

edk

Yes, but the code is within the Thread package at this point and you will need to request access to our Pre-Certified Thread Network Stack to access it. Please go to the following link: www.nxp.com/thread for more information.

Hi edk,

I already sign up for the pre certified thread stack. but there isn't any source code available for Openwrt.

edk

Hi Dhavani Patel,

Since you already signed up, could you please provide me with your email address so I can send you pertinent information?

Thanks,

Edk

Hi edk,

My Registered email id: dhvanil.patel@volansystech.com

-

Dhvanil

Hi,

Same than Dhvanil. I already sign up for the pre certified thread stack, and I would like to get the source code for OpenWrt.

My registered e-mal is mlopez (at) egiaudio.com

Regards,

Miguel

Hello Edk,

This is NXP i.MX FAE/CAS and I'm also interested in OpenWRT on i.MX6UL, is there any NXP internal repository to download it?

PS: I've just send the request for the access of the Thread stack, in case that's required.

Jim.

edk

Hi jim.lin

Did you get a response to your request to get the stack? if you have any issues, please let me know.

Regards,

Ed

Hi Edk,

I'm develop IOT gateway with zigbee/zigwave and interested in OpenWRT on i.MX6UL.

I already sign up for the pre certified thread stack and my registered e-mal is jimmy.hsu@zyxyel.com.tw.

Could you help to provide OpenWRT thread source code ?

Don't waste your time. I talked to them and NXP is not willing to give anything unless you pay several thousand of dollars for support. This is interesting because they are taking advantage of open source software, like OpenWRT, not returning anything to the community. I don't know how this could be, with OpenWRT based on GPLv2 license.

If anyone gets a working source code of OpenWRT please let me know. My e-mail is mlopez (at) egiaudio.com.

Hello edk,

I'm develop IoT gateway with LPWAN(Thread/SigFox/LoRa).

I already sign up for the pre-certified thread stack and my registered e-mail is k2s@chience.co.kr.

Could you provide a OpenWRT source?

Hi Edk,

I would appreciate it very much if you can provide me the OpenWRT source. My registered e-mail is arvin.amos@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Arvin Lim

Hi Edk,

I would also appreciate it very much if you can provide me the OpenWRT source code. My registered e-mail is piers.basto@lightfox.com

Kind Regards,

Piers

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎05-09-2016 03:03 PM
Updated by:
NXP Employee