DALI Software Development Kit
The DALI development kits for LPC are no longer available. The LPC MCUs used are still available. This page is provided for reference purposes only.
The DALI Software Development Kit (SDK) for the LPC11xx/LPC13xx contains an updated DALI Library for compliancy with the IEC 62386-102 and IEC 62386-201 standard. Parts of the IEC 62386-207 specification are also included.
The DALI slave (AN11174 with OM13026 board) and the USB to DALI master (AN11175 with OM13046 board) can be used in combination with the Windows 7 PC GUI to create a demonstration and evaluation setup as described in UM10553.
The SDK contains the example software, DALI library, a hardware description and design files of both boards, documentation and is available for download at the end of this document.
DALI Master OM13046
- The LPC1100XL (up to 50 MHz - 45 DMIPS) offers enough performance to integrate DALI message coding/decoding and PWM generation in a single chip
- Industry-leading low active power consumption of 110 uA/MHz for bus-powered devices
- Storage of scene settings in non-volatile memory using EEPROM emulation in flash, or integrated EEPROM in LPC11E00 series
- Up to four 16-bit and 32-bit timers, generating up to 11 PWM signals to control and dim the ballast
- Reduced development complexity - software can be written in C
- Reduced bill of materials - significant cost savings through Cortex-M0 architecture, plus many built-in peripherals to interface with lighting drivers and network in LPC1100XL
- LED dimming using the PWM input of the NXP UBA3070 DC-to-DC LED driver with up to 98% efficiency
- SSL4101 provides mains isolation for both the RGB LED power stage and the DALI wires
- Low component count and high efficiency through integrated PFC and flyback control functionality
- GreenChip TEA1721 buck converter supplies LPC1100XL with high efficiency; no-load power consumption levels <10 mW
DALI Slave Implementation example (OM13026 board):
- Contains isolated physical layer for the DALI bus with a Cortex M0 LPC111x microcontroller for the DALI protocol handling, and many I/O functions to steer external lighting drivers for solid state or compact fluorescent lighting applications
- Schematics, gerbers and BOM also available to speed up development
- Up to four PWM signals available to independently drive different lighting units
- Frequency and resolution of the signals is software programmable
- ON_OFF signal can be used independently from the PWM signals to switch a lighting driver into an OFF or ON state
- I2C-bus pins can be used to externally connect other devices like EEPROM or a temperature sensor
- Analog A/D input is available via pin 8
- IO signal is left open for the end user
- UART, I2C and A/D converter functionality not included in the software release