Quick guide on how to get started with Linux on i.MX 6UL EVK board using MfgTool from L3.14.52 release:
- Download MfgTool from here (Version is IMX6_L3.14.52_MFG_TOOL (REV L3.14.52_1.1.0) under “Programmers (Flash, etc.)”):
- Unpack the archive and unpack mfgtools-with-rootfs.tar.gz
- edit cfg.ini and change following entries:
- mmc needs to be set to 1
- 6uluboot needs to be set to evk
- 6uldtb needs to be set to 14x14-evk
- Connect USB cable, USB debug cable to your PC.Open terminal to serial port (115200, 8N1).
- Insert uSD card to the slot on i.MX 6UL CPU module
- Set boot switches on SW602 [2:1] to on:off
- Power on the board
- Start MfgTool2.exe. HID device should be detected.
- Press "Start" button. Downloading should start. Executed steps are visible in the debug terminal.
- When you see "Done" printed, downloading has succeeded.
- Set boot switches on SW602 [2:1] to off:on, SW601[4:1] TO off:on:off:on
- Reset i.MX 6UL EVK (or power off then on), and boot to Linux.
- In case of any error, inspect serial output on debug terminal to see what has gone wrong.
This document was generated from the following discussion: Getting started with i.MX6UL EVK and MfgTool L3.14.52
2 people found this helpful