cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a newby's connection problems with OSBDM

Troni
Contributor I

Hello world!

We in our company want to use a twr-mcf52259 controller and we've got the free CodeWarrior 10.1. We're about to use MQX 3.7. That ist why we want to start with a MQX example project.

I've got the OSBDM-JM60.dll library on my computer and the osbdm connection is visible on my windows device manager.

When I try to debug, however, the following error occurs:

Failed to resume Target Process, Coldfire GDI Protocol Adapter: Can't connect.

The debugger can not load the OSBDM DLL

To use the Change Device/Connection Assistent is not  possible.

Does someone have an idea or does, perhaps, understand the error message?

Thanks.

Troni

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

are you using MCU10.1? The OSBDM connection is supported there throug the P&E OSBDM implementation.

In the System/Remote System debugger settings, choose:

Connection type: P&E ColdFire V234 Multilink\Cyclone Pro

In the connection, specify OSBDM as interface, with the port showing up if you have the board connected.

See attached picture.

BK

0 Kudos

kleckerspur
Contributor III

Erich Styger: Where is the attached picture?

0 Kudos

quevedo
Contributor V

Dear BlackNight,

I had the same problem. I have updated the JM60 BDM thright the bootloader with the latest firmware version as recommended in the OSBDM for Coldfire v234 forum (from P&E). Before selecting the P&E OSBDM I had the same error message as the original question of this thread. But now when I try to erase and program the device, a window opens and a message appears: "An error occurred while connecting to the interface hardware or target specified in the Launch Configuration. For this dialog, you may retry / re-specify the connection with the following parameters:"

Then I can choose the port type, the port number, and the BDM Debug Shift Frequency (BDM Clock Freq).

In the console window, I have:

Error:  Connect Failed.Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E BDC interface or targetted hardware board.(ColdFire GDI Protocol AdapterError: command failed

I am using CW10.1, with Windows 7 64 bit

I do not know what to do now. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos

kleckerspur
Contributor III

Hello,

what can I do if I have the same ERROR too?

"ColdFire GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E BDC interface or targetted hardware board."

Crying ?

0 Kudos

oakie_doke
Contributor III

I have the same problem. I'm working with TWR-MCF54418 and CodeWarrior 10.6. I want to run and debug example program. I updated firmware to newest version 31.26 but I still have problem. Debugger settings are as Erich described. Power supply is USB connected to J9 connector on TWR-MCF5441X. There is also TWR-SER2 module connected to the Tower.

Error launching tower_test_twrmcf54418_Ext_RAM_Debug_OSBDM

ColdFire GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E BDC interface or targetted hardware board.

0 Kudos

oakie_doke
Contributor III

I added second power supply to TWR-ELEV and now it is working properly.

0 Kudos

dpchoudh
Contributor I

Dear all

I am having *exactly* the same problem, except on a MCF51CN128 board. I updated the firmware from whatever was factory installed to version 29.0 and the update tool reported that the operation was succesful. CodeWarrior for MCU v 10.1 also recognizes the board firmware version correctly, but when I try to connect over OSBDM, I get the following message:

Failed to resume target process., ColdFire GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E BDC interface or targetted hardware board.

I am completely lost and am fearing that this 'upgrade', over which I had no control (the software does not give you a choice of whether to upgrade or not), might have bricked the board.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos

dpchoudh
Contributor I

Hi again

Here is a console capture from code warrior that might be of help to the Freescale support engineers:

GDI: DiGdiOpen()=> DI_OK

GDI: DiGdiGetFeatures()=> DI_OK

GDI: DiGdiAddCallBack(4000)=> DI_OK

GDI: DiGdiInitIO()

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_COLDFIREAUTOCONFIG, Support: 3, MCUID: 0x700a, Microname: Unknown($700a)) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_SETMEEID, 1) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : CWDBG, Entry : LaunchConfiguration, Value : demo_twrmcf51cn_Int_Flash_Debug_OSBDM, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : COLDFIRE, Entry : ENABLE_FLASH_PROGRAMMING_DIALOG, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : , Entry : UUID, Value : 21b7fa06-16ac-4640-b416-f3d15e17bff0, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : PORT, Value : 1, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : DOTRIM, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : CURRENT_ALGORITHM_INDEX, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE1_START, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE1_END, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE1_ACTIVE, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE2_START, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE2_END, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE2_ACTIVE, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE3_START, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE3_END, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE3_ACTIVE, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE_EEPROM_START, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE_EEPROM_END, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : PRESERVE_EEPROM, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : ALTERNATIVE_ALGORITHM_PATH, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : ALTERNATIVE_ALGORITHM_CHECKBOX, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : CUSTOM_TRIM, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : TRIM_VALUE, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : NGS_TRIM_OVERRIDE_REFERENCE_FREQUENCY, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : MCUID700A, Entry : ENABLE_FLASH_PROGRAMMING_DIALOG, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : IO_DELAY_CNT, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : PCI_DELAY, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : RESET_DELAY, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : PORT, Value : 1, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : interface_selection, Value : 3, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : PORT, Entry : IP, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : check_and_fix_if_secure_enable_flag, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : IO_DELAY_SET, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : USE_CYCLONEPRO_RELAYS, Value : 1, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CyclonePro_poweroffonexit, Value : 1, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CyclonePro_currentvoltage, Value : 255, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CyclonePro_PowerDownDelay, Value : 250, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CyclonePro_PowerUpDelay, Value : 250, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CPUTARGETTYPENAME, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : IO_DELAY_CNT, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : PCI_DELAY, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : RESET_DELAY, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : interface_selection, Value : 3, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : PORT, Entry : IP, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : check_and_fix_if_secure_enable_flag, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : IO_DELAY_SET, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : USE_CYCLONEPRO_RELAYS, Value : 1, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CyclonePro_poweroffonexit, Value : 1, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CyclonePro_currentvoltage, Value : 255, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CyclonePro_PowerDownDelay, Value : 250, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CyclonePro_PowerUpDelay, Value : 250, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CPUTARGETTYPENAME, Value : , R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : CWDBG, Entry : Connect, Value : 0, R) => DI_OK

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : SPECIFY_NETWORKCARD_ENABLED, Value : 0, R) => DI_OK

Info: P&E Interface detected - Flash Version 29.00

Error: Connect failed.

=> DI_ERR_FATAL

GDI: DiErrorGetMessage()

GDI: The Debugger can not connect to the P&E BDC interface or targetted hardware board.

GDI: DiMeeSelect(1)=> DI_OK

GDI: DiGdiClose(true)=> DI_OK

0 Kudos