Lin stack issue:incorrect sync delimiter length

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lin stack issue:incorrect sync delimiter length

angang_hao
Contributor II

I developed a software using Lin stack as the master role to send 2 lin messages to control 2 slaves to light the led respectively.

If I only connected  any one of the  slave to LIN bus together with Master, it works well.

If I added another slave to LIN bus to work together with their, the connection will be failed. At that time,  "RcvError(responses invalid header)" will be reported in Event Type column and "Incorrect sync delimiter length" will be reported in Data column when I using CANalyzer to check the trace window.

Did any person have ever has this kind of issue? was it related to the LIN stack configuration or had some other reason?

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks in advance  !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I have contacted LINstack expert, there may be a conflict on your lin bus.

Could you, please, answer the questions below?

pastedImage_5.png

I developed a software using Lin stack as the master role to send 2 lin messages to control 2 slaves to light the led respectively.

I see on the LIN bus there are 4 messages, not 2. Is it correct?

Could you please send me some images?

• Lin bus works well with one slave 1
  • Lin bus works well with one slave 2
  • Lin bus has an error with both slaves.

Or if possible, can you send me the .ldf to check and which schedule table master is using?

With the conflict problem, I would like to share you some information, hope can help you:

• On Lin bus has only one master and one or multiple slaves.
  • Each signal has exactly one publisher, i.e. it is always written by the same node in the cluster. Zero, one, or multiple nodes may subscribe to the signal.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

angang_hao
Contributor II

Hello Diana Batrlova,

Thanks very much for your help.

After working with my workmate, I think we find the rootcase.

It is recommmanded to use 2 or more bits in sync break delimiter area. But in my project, the default value in lin stack is 1 bit.

And if the Master and slave were supplied with normal voltage 12v or lower voltage, the issue is there. If I raise the voltage to 13.5v or more, this issue disappeared. then I checked the waveform using oscilloscope, the waveform was not so good as is shown below.

It was effected by the capacitance value beside the LIN transciver of Lin slave. I changed the capacitance value from 1nf to 220pf, then it works in 12v condition.

Coollife
Contributor I

Thanks for your sharing, this is really helpful.

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, it could be useful for other customers.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

HanamantKaluti
Contributor I

Hello Team,

We are facing the same issue for the S32K314 board, we tried with increase in the voltage but it didn't work.
I will share the picture of of the signal and the schematic diagram below,
Please let us know how we can solve this error...

Signal:

HanamantKaluti_0-1702439856399.png

Schematic:

HanamantKaluti_1-1702439895374.png

0 Kudos