AnsweredAssumed Answered

LPCOpen Multicore Example not working in MCUXpresso 11.1?

Question asked by Andrea Bettati on Mar 25, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2020 by Andrea Bettati

Hi to you all,
my setup:
IDE: MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.1 [Build 2563] [2019-09-01]
Board: LPC-Link2 w/ LPC4370 mcu

I'm exploring multicore projects, but I wonder how is the mcuxpresso support for this rather old hw.

Here's what I did:

• downloaded latest LPCOpen
  • imported projects from LPCOopen.zip archive in a fresh, newly created work space
  • Compiled projects

What I notice is that simple M4 project periph_blinky is working just fine: I can debug it and see the led flash in my lpclink2.

The problem comes whit multicore projects.
I imported multicore_blinky_m4, multicore_blinky_m0app and multicore_blinky_m0sub. m0app and m0sub projects are giving me these warnings respectively:

Invalid project path: Include path not found (lpc_chip_43xx_m0/inc/config_m0app).
Invalid project path: Include path not found (lpc_chip_43xx_m0/inc/usbd).

and

Invalid project path: Include path not found (lpc_chip_43xx_m0/inc/config_m0app).
Invalid project path: Include path not found (lpc_chip_43xx_m0/inc/usbd).

I solved them by changing the path under properties/C/C++ Build/Settings/Tool Settings/MCU Assembler/General from:

"${workspace_loc:/lpc_chip_43xx_m0/inc/usbd}"

to

"${workspace_loc:/lpc_chip_43xx_m0/inc/usbd_rom}"

And from

"${workspace_loc:/lpc_chip_43xx_m0/inc/config_m0sub}"

to

"${workspace_loc:/lpc_chip_43xx_m0/inc/config_43xx_m0sub}"

Everything now compiles just fine, and I can start a debug session (I choose jtag for multicore).
As soon as I hit run after first breakpoint is reached i got an hard fault. PC point to M0Image_Boot() so I guess the problem is related to the boot of the core m0.
The code giving the error is:

/* Sanity check, see if base address and reset handler address resides in same region */
    if ((m0_image_addr & 0xFFF00000) != ((*(unsigned long *) (m0_image_addr + 4)) & 0xFFF00000)) {
        return -2;
    }

Please find attached the screenshots of the faults tab and register tab.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Best,
Andrea

Attachments

Outcomes