I am using iMX8M Mini EVK and AOSP 9.0 version and I am able to run AOSP successfully on my EVK board.
Now I am trying to test OTA update on iMX8M Mini EVK for that I referred steps given in in Section 7 of Android user guide.
I followed all the steps given in Section 7 of Android user guide.
I did following steps -
1. Created a full OTA update package using -
$ source build/envsetup.sh
$ lunch evk_8mm-userdebug
$ make otapackage -j4
it created a .zip file and it includes payload.bin and payload_properties.txt .
2. And kept these file to my local server and I am able to access it from another computer over wifi.
3. After that I Booted the iMX8M mini EVK and connected the board with same wifi network..
4. connected the debug port of iMX8Mini with my laptop and open the console with putty / minicom .
5. Now I am executing below command -
update_engine_client --payload=http://192.168.1.1:10888/payload.bin --update --
NOTE : - I replaced the ip address with my server ip and other payload_properties parameters with my parameter found in
But when I run this command on IMX8 (from putty console ) then I get this error and nothing happens.
[0218/140214.639666:ERROR:update_engine_client_android.cc(148)] Found a positional argument 'headers=FILE_HASH=EA1rY4uVUN35goXDkeNaPVWj6ueoRNmS3hfOfxL9zgk= FILE_SIZE=440383379 METADATA_HASH=R+TqI4RldiQxOQqUgxZnGXXPgBFs4EXKwXaB2esWgKE= METADATA_SIZE=58809t'. If you want to pass a value to a flag, pass it as --flag=value.
Any help or suggestion why this issue might be coming ???
And How do I know if this command is working or executing successfully and download is stared ?
and where this OTA files will be downloaded ?