AnsweredAssumed Answered

AOSP 9.0 OTA update for iMX8M Mini

Question asked by Maneesh Singh on Feb 19, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2020 by Maneesh Singh

Hi Sir,

I am using iMX8M Mini EVK and AOSP 9.0 version and I am able to run AOSP successfully on my EVK board.

Now I am trying to test OTA update on iMX8M Mini EVK for that I referred steps given in in Section 7 of Android user guide.

I followed all the steps given in Section 7 of Android user guide.

I did following steps -

1. Created a full OTA update package using -
$ source build/envsetup.sh
$ lunch evk_8mm-userdebug
$ make otapackage -j4

it created a .zip file and it includes payload.bin and payload_properties.txt .

2. And kept these file to my local server and I am able to access it from another computer over wifi.

3. After that I Booted the iMX8M mini EVK and connected the board with same wifi network.. 

4. connected the debug port of iMX8Mini with my laptop and open the console with putty / minicom .

5. Now I am executing below command -

update_engine_client --payload=http://192.168.1.1:10888/payload.bin --update --
headers="FILE_HASH=0fSBbXonyTjaAzMpwTBgM9AVtlBeyOigpCCgkoOfHKY=
FILE_SIZE=379074366
METADATA_HASH=Icrs3NqoglzyppyCZouWKbo5f08IPokhlUfHDmz77WQ/de8Dgp9zFXt8Fo
+Hxccp465uTOvKNsteWU=
METADATA_SIZE=46866"

NOTE : - I replaced the ip address with my server ip and other payload_properties parameters with my parameter found in
               payload_properties.txt file

But when I run this command on IMX8 (from putty console ) then I get this error and nothing happens.

[0218/140214.639666:ERROR:update_engine_client_android.cc(148)] Found a positional argument 'headers=FILE_HASH=EA1rY4uVUN35goXDkeNaPVWj6ueoRNmS3hfOfxL9zgk= FILE_SIZE=440383379 METADATA_HASH=R+TqI4RldiQxOQqUgxZnGXXPgBFs4EXKwXaB2esWgKE= METADATA_SIZE=58809t'. If you want to pass a value to a flag, pass it as --flag=value.
1|evk_8mm:/ $

Any help or suggestion why this issue might be coming ???

And How do I know if this command is working or executing successfully and download is stared ?

and where this OTA files will be downloaded ?

Thanks,

Maneesh

Outcomes