Are there instructions to build images from Yocto for LX2160A RDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there instructions to build images from Yocto for LX2160A RDB?

johan_duque
Contributor II

Hi, I'm trying to boot up a development kit of LX2160A RDB, and the instructions has several bad instructions using the LayerScape SDK 19.09, so I would like (and rather prefer) to use Yocto builds, having this in mind I have the following questions:

- Will you provide support for buildings in Yocto?

- Do you have instructions to build the firmware from a Yocto build system and the flash instructions?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use tftp data transfers if u-boot on the board is used for writing u-boot to SD card.

If Linux PC is used, command "dd" is used for wiring to SD card.

For example see the Section 4.4.4.7 of SDK 2.0-1703 documentation:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

See also qoriq_memory_layout.txt in LSDK 1909 folder about memory map.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use Ubuntu 18 for Yocto 2.7 and LX2160a.

This issue is that "atf:Fix builds of native tools during build process", please apply the following patch to fix it.

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-freescale/commit/?id=fa4994b2d8da73fd3ae30875b3af8d7...

+++ b/recipes-bsp/atf/atf_git.bb
EXTRA_OEMAKE += "HOSTCC='${BUILD_CC} ${BUILD_CPPFLAGS} ${BUILD_CFLAGS} ${BUILD_LDFLAGS}'"

Attached file contains this atf_git.bb file.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

johan_duque
Contributor II

Hi, this doesn't work, but:

I have added to the recipe meta-freescale/recipes-bsp/ddr-phy/ddr-phy_git.bb applied the lines:
+DEPENDS += "openssl-native util-linux-native"
+EXTRA_OEMAKE += "HOSTCC='${BUILD_CC} ${BUILD_CPPFLAGS} ${BUILD_CFLAGS} ${BUILD_LDFLAGS}'"
And it's compiling, let me know if this is correct,
I also applied applied the line to the recipe atf_git.bb as you said.
It compiled without any apparent error, I would like to use flash the images in SD card, but the steps are not clear:
"
Booting with fsl-image-networking-full rootfs:  1.Prepare the media (sata/sd/usb) and format it as ext2 format   mount the ext2 partition and extract a full rootfs in this partition. After   uncompressing, unmount this partition.
"
What does mean that? And why do I need to use tftp in step 5 like this? Should not run from SD:
"
5.Download Image and bootup:   For ls1021atwr:   => tftp 82000000 uImage-ls1021atwr.bin   => tftp 8f000000 uImage-ls1021a-twr.dtb   => bootm 82000000 - 8f000000   For ls1012afrwy and ls1012ardb:   => pci enum   => tftp a0000000 fitImage-<board>.bin   => pfe stop   => bootm a0000000:kernel@1 - a0000000:<fdt name>   For other boards:   => tftp a0000000 fitImage-<board>.bin   => bootm a0000000:kernel@1 - a0000000:<fdt name>   Note: <fdt name> can be got by command:   $: grep fdt@ fitImage-its-<board>.its
"
Where do you have the factory images in case I need to flash to initial state?
0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry.

I have tested this SDK.

This SDK does not support the LX2160a.

Use LSDK 1909 for the LX2160ARDB.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

johan_duque
Contributor II

Do you expect to support yocto for LX2160A soon?

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This Yocto supports the LX2160ARDB board.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

johan_duque
Contributor II

Hi PavelChubakov‌ , I have tried to build this Yocto for lx2160ardb and doesn't build, I get the follow message:

mcp2@377d3ad3fd64:/yocto/build_lx2160ardb$ bitbake fsl-image-networking-full
ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server (None)
ERROR: Server log for this session (/yocto/build_lx2160ardb/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
--- Starting bitbake server pid 208 at 2019-12-03 16:27:47.405407 ---
ERROR: Layer qoriq-demos is not compatible with the core layer which only supports these series: zeus (layer is compatible with thud sumo warrior)

What steps are you following to build? And which branch of the yocto-sdk must I use?

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers Yocto Linux BSP SDK 2.7 for the LX2160ARDB board:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/yocto-sdk/about/

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johan_duque
Contributor II

Thank you very much PavelChubakov‌ , one last question. Is this maintained and supported now and in the future? Is this a working Yocto for LX2160A RDB at this moment?

0 Kudos

bankinfozone54
Contributor I

Thank You Very Much Jonsena

0 Kudos