Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PullUp-Resistor Missing at INT Pin of PCA6416 in IMX8M Mini EVK

Jump to solution
sreedhar_appala
Contributor IV

Hi,

We are working with IMX8M Mini EVK rev C3.

From the datasheet of PCA6416 IO Expander: Section 7.8

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PCA6416A.pdf

“ The INT output has an open-drain structure and requires pull-up resistor to VDD(P) or VDD(I2C-bus) depending on the application. INT should be connected to the voltage source of the device that requires the interrupt information ”

Due to this pull resistor missing, we can not use the IO expander to generate any interrupt signals to IMX8M Mini.

Do you have any suggested hardware work-around for this for us to make in the EVK?

Thank you,

Sreedhar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sreedhar

one can use internal i.MX8M Mini pull resistor (in pad GPIO1_IO12 connected to INT PCA6416), description

can be found in sect.8.2.5.172 Pad Control Register (IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_GPIO1_IO12)

i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sreedhar

one can use internal i.MX8M Mini pull resistor (in pad GPIO1_IO12 connected to INT PCA6416), description

can be found in sect.8.2.5.172 Pad Control Register (IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_GPIO1_IO12)

i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

sreedhar_appala
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

Thank you for pointing me how to enable the internal pull-up for GPIO.

I think it should work, i will check the same in a week time and let you know the result.

thanks again, Sreedhar

0 Kudos