MTRDEVKSPNK144 S32K144 Development Kit for 3-phase PMSM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTRDEVKSPNK144 S32K144 Development Kit for 3-phase PMSM

sanjeev_gupta
Contributor I

Does this kit comes with a resolver in PMSM motor? Or can I get a seperate motor along with this kit which has resolver and is compatible with this kit? 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sanjeev Gupta, 

Unfortunately, the PMSM motor does not have a resolver, it only comes with an encoder. We don't have any other motor that does include a resolver. Also, it is important to mention that the S32K144 doesn't have the proper circuitry to work with a resolver. However, you could connect any motor to this kit, but you will need to add the needed circuitry to work with a resolver. 

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sanjeev_gupta
Contributor I

Thanks Victor, 

1) But does this kit ( MTDRDEVKSPNK144 S32K144) has an integrated Encoder Sensor or just encoder interface

[Because what I found was that it has Hall Sensor integrated, and just encoder interface (if wrong please correct)].

2) If Hall is integrated, then can I get a motor separately along with this kit which has encoder and is compatible with this kit?

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, Sanjeev Gupta

1) But does this kit ( MTDRDEVKSPNK144 S32K144) has an integrated Encoder Sensor or just encoder interface

The motor of the kit does have an integrated encoder sensor. 

2) If Hall is integrated, then can I get a motor separately along with this kit which has encoder and is compatible with this kit?

Yes, the built-in Hall/Encoder interface on the DEVKIT-MOTORGD means that it can support both sensor and sensorless motor control applications. So, you could connect any motor to the development kit, but you will need to calibrate the software based on the specifications of the new motor. 

Regards,

Victor. 

0 Kudos