Is there a globallly unique ID for MIMXRT052?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a globallly unique ID for MIMXRT052?

Jump to solution
Contributor I

请问MIMXRT052CVL5B每个芯片有全球唯一的ID吗?通过资料我找到了一个CPUID,其值是 0x411FC271
,是不变的。

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

The RT1052 does have a UniqueID, but it is not global. If you are seeing the same number for different chips I think you might be reading the wrong register or you are reading it wrong. The correct procedure on how to read the shadow registers that contain the UID is explained in section 22.4.1.3 of the reference manual. 

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

The RT1052 does have a UniqueID, but it is not global. If you are seeing the same number for different chips I think you might be reading the wrong register or you are reading it wrong. The correct procedure on how to read the shadow registers that contain the UID is explained in section 22.4.1.3 of the reference manual. 

Have a great day,

Victor

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.