cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8 & Goodix GT911 touchscreen

oli1
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use a goodix gt911 touchscreen with our IMX8mq-evk.

I'm using the goodix driver from the mainline linux kernel and have configured the device tree to use the required pins but the gt911 will not respond causing the driver to fail with:

pastedImage_1.png

I can perform the same operations using usermode i2ctransfer and the controller responds correctly, I've also hooked up a logic scope to the reset and interrupt lines and they behave as expected.

Does anyone have any insight into what could be causing the issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

oli1
Contributor II

Following up my own question.

This was a case of the INT pin not being set up correctly and the gt911 wasn't being initialised correctly.

Oli

jkellar-pulse
Contributor I
What do you mean by the INT pin not being setup correctly? I'm having this exact same issue. You mean it's configuration as a GPIO in general or something else?
0 Kudos

anushan
Contributor III

Have you used the same driver file from the linux kernel source code and then checked for INT pin?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Oliver

for goodix touchscreen one can look at boundary devices nitrogen 8m board:

linux-imx6/imx8mq-nitrogen8m.dts at boundary-imx_4.14.x_2.0.0_ga · boundarydevices/linux-imx6 · GitH... 

Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

oli1
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the pointers. It looks like we're doing the same thing in our driver (I have also tried that source but we get same error).

It fails on the first i2c IO test. It's almost as if its using the wrong i2c port, but doing the same thing from userspace works perfectly.

Thanks

0 Kudos

jacoblindberg
Contributor I

were you able to figure this out? I cant seem to find the right combination of things to change in the device tree to get this working properly either and its driving me insane

0 Kudos