We saw some implemenation about wake up on lan in FEC driver <fec_main.c\freescale\ethernet\net\drivers - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel >. But we follow instruction in <Wake on lan in mx6 sabresd board >, found can't wakeup.
1. Setup Ethernet switch or hub to make PC and EVK in the same subnet.
2. Download and install the WoL setup application from your mentioned link: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-336791
3. Power on i.MX8MM EVK and make sure it gets IP address assigned, take note of both the mac and IP address.
4. Make i.MX8MM EVK enter sleep mode (echo mem > /sys/power/state)
5. Start the WoL application and send magic packet to the EVK by set destination IP and mac address to the EVK.
6. Nothing happens to the EVK, it still sleeps.