AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with jedec,spi-nor on IMX8M Mini EVK

Question asked by Andreas Gustafsson on Jun 24, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2019 by Andreas Gustafsson

Hi!

I have a Macronix mx25r1635f connected to my imx8mmini over the ecspi2 headers.

But when the board boots and 0x9f (RDID) is sent over the line, right after the command the clock stops and cs goes away, so I can't read the JEDEC info:

m25p80 spi1.0: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: 00, 00, 00

Just like in this link: https://forum.rocketboards.org/t/chip-select-goes-away-soon-after-the-transfer-to-a-spi-slave-is-complete-why/1070/3 

I have successfully read the id with a simple c-program and spidev-configuration in the device tree. So there is no problem with the hardware/signaling.

I have added the new macronix chip the the spi-nor.c configuration list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Some snippets from my device tree:

---

pinctrl_ecspi2: ecspi2grp {
                        fsl,pins = <
                            MX8MM_IOMUXC_ECSPI2_MISO_ECSPI2_MISO            0x116
                            MX8MM_IOMUXC_ECSPI2_MOSI_ECSPI2_MOSI            0x116
                            MX8MM_IOMUXC_ECSPI2_SCLK_ECSPI2_SCLK            0x1916
                            MX8MM_IOMUXC_ECSPI2_SS0_ECSPI2_SS0              0x116
                        >;

---

&ecspi2 {                                                                       
        fsl,spi-num-chipselects = <1>;                                          
        cs-gpios = <0>;                                                         
        pinctrl-names = "default";                                              
        pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_ecspi2>;                                          
        status = "okay";

flash1: mx25r1635f@0 {
        reg = <0>;
                compatible = "macronix,mx25r1635f", "jedec,spi-nor";
                spi-max-frequency = <2000000>;
                spi-cs-low;
        };
};

---

Outcomes