FTM Input Channel Direction

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTM Input Channel Direction

davidwightman
Contributor II

I am using an input capture FTM channel on the iMX7.  Inconveniently it seems to initialize as an output and only switches to an input when the channel interrupt is enabled, irregardless of the CnSC setting.

On the FTM in the Kinetis platform, if the CnSC register was set to 0, then the pin would go to the GPIO state.  This is the described behavior in the iMX7 reference manual too, but I haven't observed this.  I guess because of the pad muxing on the iMX7, the FTM channel turns into an output instead. 

Can anyone confirm this behavior? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The direction and behaviour of the FlexTimer Channel signals is completely controlled by the corresponding FTMx_CnSC register settings regardless of whether the channel interrupt is enabled or not.

I think the possible cause of the issue is inappropriate configuration of a channel signal routing in the IOMUXC controller. So, please check the corresponding IOMUXC SELECT_INPUT and SW_MUX_CTL registers for selected channel signal IOMUX routing scheme. For details, please refer to the Section 8.2 "IOMUX Controller (IOMUXC)" of the i.MX7 Reference Manual document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/i.mx-appl...

Have a great day,
Artur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos