cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel GPIO examples for IMXRT?

Jump to solution
jackking
Senior Contributor I

Are there any examples in the MCUXpresso SDK for the IMXRT that implement parallel GPIO?

I would like to use FIFO and eventually DMA with an 8-bit parallel data bus.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack King,

I find the demo that demonstrates how to use FlexIO to simulate 8080 interface, please refer to the attachment for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack King,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
There's no similar demo as you want to refer to.
However, the application AN5313 describes how to use the FlexIO module to
emulate the 8080 parallel bus and to drive a graphical TFT
LCD with the 8080 bus interface.
I think it can guide you to implement parallel GPIO manipulation and please refer to it for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

jackking
Senior Contributor I

That looks like it could be very helpful.  How do I find the associated software for AN5313?  Searching on NXP only returns the PDF document.

0 Kudos
jackking
Senior Contributor I

Answering myself here...  I had to guess the URL for the AN5313 software, as it doesn't come up on any search.

The URL is: https://www.nxp.com/doc/AN5313SW

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack King,

Yes, you got it.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
jackking
Senior Contributor I

I am still struggling to get parallel FlexIO to work on IMXRT. 

If anyone has an example for IMXRT, or tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack King,

Thanks for your reply.
How is going on? What's the barrier do you encounter?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
jackking
Senior Contributor I

I can see the timer output on the flexio pins, but the data from the shifters never shows up on the parallel flexio data pins.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack King,

Thanks for your reply.
Whether you mean that FlexIO doesn't output any wave, as I'm bit confused with your reply.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
jackking
Senior Contributor I

Yes, that’s what I mean.  I don’t see any output on the FlexIO data pins that is supposed to be generated from the FlexIO shifters.  I do see the clock output from the FlexIO timer, which also uses FlexIO output pins.

Without a working example of FlexIO parallel gpio, it is difficult to identify what may be the cause.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack King,

I find the demo that demonstrates how to use FlexIO to simulate 8080 interface, please refer to the attachment for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

jackking
Senior Contributor I

Thanks!  That is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
jackking
Senior Contributor I

I opened a new thread for converting the SDK mcu lcd example to support IMXRT, it is more relevant than AN5313.

Has anyone converted frdmk28f_flexio_mcu_lcd example to IMXRT?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack King,

Thanks for your reply.
I find that my colleague is handling the question now, so please update the feedback of the post if you have further question.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos