Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso - how to set the default/system include paths

ingenutec
Contributor III

I have a project

• 'NXP MCU Toos' configured as the tool chain
  • 'none' configured for the library headers (C/C++ Build -> Settings -> MCU C Compiler -> Misc)
  • NOT using a managed linker script

Default headers are not being found (<stdlib.h>, etc.)  

I can manually put in the path, but that is flawed because if I change tool versions, the path will not change automatically to follow the new tool (and library) version.

I am manually specifying the system library by using 'm, g, gcc & nosys' in the MCU Linker -> Libraries -> Libraries field

If I look in C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Includes -> GNU C

• I will see a built-in value that does point to a tool include path, but it is 'redlib/include'
  • it should be 'arm-none-eabi/include'

How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

MCUXpresso support has identified the issue and said that while there's no present workaround, there should be a fix in the next MCUXpresso release, expected by the end of 2019 Q2.  See the end of this thread.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To follow up on this thread:

The IDE V11.0.0  (and later) have a context menu item (right click on the project main folder) which fixes the parser for any projects which expose this issue:

pastedImage_1.png

Tools > Fixup Parsers

I hope this helps,

Erich

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

this is a long-standing flaw with Eclipse/CDT which just seems to bubble on the surface recently (there has been another discussion on the same issue under a different scenario, see https://community.nxp.com/thread/499780 ). Bottom line is that to my knowledge the only fix (better workaround) is to put in the path manually. The IDE team has been informed and they are working on a fix for the next release which should come out in a few months.

Erich

0 Kudos