MPC5745R memory management through Simulink

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5745R memory management through Simulink

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Intention - Isolation of Software Components (data) so that data sensitive to one component cannot be overwritten by another component (to achieve safety and data protection).

in C - In C, we could simply define pointers to specific memory location and pass these pointers to be updated by the Software Components.

The problem - I have is in Simulink, I don't know how to achieve this separation of memory. Ofcourse I understand that the code is generated from Simulink to C. But i cannot apply the above mentioned technique in Simulink where I can pass pointers (pointing to specific memory location) through the Software Components. What are the other ways I can manage data protection in Simulink such that the generated code is usable with very little modification. The little modification I can foresee is modifying the compiler/linker files. Also please note, I do understand that the SMPU shall be used but lets assume I know how to use the SMPU to configure the regions of memory. 

Rephrasing the question - Assuming I have used the SMPU to configure the regions of memory and the appropriate rights. How can I protect data of the software components through Simulink? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Raghu, 

For some unknown issues we have overlook this thread. Due to the long delay - is it still an issue ?

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Hi Dumitru,  

We have managed to solve the issue but I would still like to hear your solution. Could you please elaborate. 

0 Kudos