cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach debugger to elf file in u-boot.

Jump to solution
zwilcox
Contributor IV

I'm trying to attach the CodeWarrior debugger to an elf file loaded into RAM through u-boot on a P1021.

First I have the debugger attached using the CodeWarrior TAP JTAG:

pastedImage_1.png

Next I load the elf in uboot over TFTP:

pastedImage_4.png

go 0x1001b1c (where my __start is located at)

My program runs but the debugger never breaks :smileysad:

pastedImage_7.png

How can get the attached debugger to break upon entering the execution?

Thanks

Zach

Labels (1)
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Zachary Wilcox,

You could refer to the procedure of debugging Linux Kernel, please refer to the section "3.1 Debugging Linux Kernel at the entry point" in Debugging Linux Kernel with CodeWarrior for PA to set breakpoint at the entry point, boot your program and stop it at the entry point, then continue to debug your program before and after the MMU is enabled.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Zachary Wilcox,

You could refer to the procedure of debugging Linux Kernel, please refer to the section "3.1 Debugging Linux Kernel at the entry point" in Debugging Linux Kernel with CodeWarrior for PA to set breakpoint at the entry point, boot your program and stop it at the entry point, then continue to debug your program before and after the MMU is enabled.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

zwilcox
Contributor IV

Thank you sir.  That did the trick. 

0 Kudos