cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 EVB and Lauterbach

jorgesuarez-riv
Contributor II

Hi All,

I would like specific notes on how to flash and debug the S32K14x AUTOSAR MCAL Sample Application using Lautebach for flashing and debugging. For both JTAG and SWD ports.

I initially tried OpenSDA for flashing and debugging which is OK.

I then tried to do the same using Lauterbach debugger but Lauterbach Trace32 keep reporting "Power down" target.

I have tried both the JTAG and SWD ports. Jumper J104 is in 1,2 position. The board is powered using the USB.

I can attach screenshots of Trace32 configuration if necessary but I would like to see a steps process and identify any miss step.

Thanks

3 Replies

AM_96
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This problem also happens to me. Trace32 opens automatically, but the programme is not loaded on the board. Which files should I put in the PRACTICE Script section? The file.elf is not loaded correctly, how can I solve this problem?
Thank you

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi. 

There is no special settings needed for JTAG connection with lauterbach. I tried the same scenario - USB Power and Lauterbach. Don't forget setup all data for debug session. 

I don't have Autosar MCAL installed - but you can add lauterbach debug session in debug configuration. The easiest way is create new empty project, select lauterbach debug:

pastedImage_1.png

Copy Debugger folder from empty Project_Settings into your existing project and create new Lauterbach debug session.

pastedImage_5.png

You can edit the .launch text file in Project_Settings\Debugger or copy line by line project settings in the GUI from empty project to your Autosar project: 

The empty one: 

pastedImage_2.png

Your existing project (in my case Hello_world):

pastedImage_3.png

When done - just click on debug and wait for T32:

pastedImage_4.png

Hope it helps. 

Jiri

mohamed_benazzo
Contributor I

Hi,

By following the procedure explain above,

It works well with the S32k142 evaluation board,

however when I use directly our board with the S32k142 MCU, S32DS opens Trace32, 

but the elf file is not loaded. I am abble to load it manually with command:

-> flash.auto all

and select the elf file.

It will be more convenient to load it automatically.

Do you have any idea to solve this issue.

Mohamed

0 Kudos