My screen size is 1024x600. This is kernel source linux-fslc (branch 4.1-1.0.x-imx) on GitHub that I used. Below are my steps to enable splash screen in kernel:
1. Create an image (logo_custom_clut224.png) which resolution is 1024x600 then export it to ppm extension by using GIMP.
2. Add the line below to "include/linux/linux_logo.h"
extern const struct linux_logo logo_custom_clut224;
3. Add these line to "drivers/video/logo/logo.c"
logo = &logo_custom_clut224;
4. Add a line to Makefile "drivers/video/logo/Makefile"
obj-$(CONFIG_LOGO_CUSTOM_CLUT224) += logo_custom_clut224.o
5. Add these line to Kconfig "drivers/video/logo/Kconfig"
bool "Standard 224-color custom logo"
6. Reconfiguring kernel using menuconfig.
7. Rebuild kernel. Built success.
Unfortunately, The splash screen didn't show. Can Anyone give some advice? Is there anything wrong with my picture?