LPC54101 UART Hardware Flow Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54101 UART Hardware Flow Control

terence
Contributor I

I am trying to get the UART hardware flow control to work on LCP54101.

The RTS does toggle when data sending to the LPC54101 RX, however the RTS polarity seems to be wrong, supposed to be active low?  Also observed there is missing data received, the hardware flow control doesn't seems to work properly.  Could someone share some idea how to get the hardware flow control to work?

UART initialization call as shown in below

IMG_0358.jpg

void Init_UART(UART_PORT_SELECTOR port_id, RX_HANDLER rx_handler) {

assert( port_id < UART_LAST_PORT );

Chip_Clock_SetAsyncSysconClockDiv(1);

Chip_SYSCON_Enable_ASYNC_Syscon(true);

Chip_UART_Init(port->uart_port);

Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON, PORT(port->cts_pin), PIN(port->cts_pin), IOCON_FUNC2 | IOCON_DIGITAL_EN | IOCON_INPFILT_OFF);

Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON, PORT(port->rts_pin), PIN(port->rts_pin), IOCON_FUNC2 | IOCON_DIGITAL_EN | IOCON_INPFILT_OFF);

Chip_UART_ConfigData(port->uart_port, UART_CFG_DATALEN_8 | UART_CFG_PARITY_NONE | UART_CFG_STOPLEN_1 | UART_CFG_CTSEN);

Chip_UART_SetBaud(port->uart_port, port->baud);

Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON, PORT(port->rx_pin), PIN(port->rx_pin), IOCON_MODE_INACT | IOCON_FUNC1 | IOCON_DIGITAL_EN | IOCON_INPFILT_OFF);

Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON, PORT(port->tx_pin), PIN(port->tx_pin), IOCON_MODE_INACT | IOCON_FUNC1 | IOCON_DIGITAL_EN | IOCON_INPFILT_OFF);

Chip_UART_Enable(port->uart_port);

Chip_UART_TXEnable(port->uart_port);

port->rx_handler = rx_handler;

if(rx_handler) {

Chip_UART_IntEnable(port->uart_port, UART_INTEN_RXRDY );

}

Chip_UART_IntDisable(port->uart_port, UART_INTEN_TXRDY);

NVIC_SetPriority(port->irq_number, INT_PRIORITY_UART);

NVIC_EnableIRQ(port->irq_number);

}

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

terence
Contributor I

please refer to the UART initialization call as captioned above, wondering if I init the UART hardware flow control correctly.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi terence Kong,
I don't find any error in the above code, so I was wondering if you can share a complete demo,
As I know, the UART module provides a Loopback mode which is able to diagnostic loopback testing for USART data, in another word, Un_TXD ,Un_RTS Un_RXD and Un_CTS activity will appear on external pins if these functions are configured to appear on device pins.
Please giving a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi terence Kong,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
To figure it out, I was wondering if you can share a compilable demo, then I can replicate the issue on my site.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

terence
Contributor I

please refer to the UART initialization call as captioned above, wondering if I init the UART hardware flow control correctly?

0 Kudos