How long will LPC2136 be in production? Also, are there any cortex M0 or M3 that have pin compatible with LPC2136?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will LPC2136 be in production? Also, are there any cortex M0 or M3 that have pin compatible with LPC2136?

danielkung
Contributor I

My company has used LPC2136 in many products. Since it has been years that LPC2136 is in the market, we are concerning about its availability in the future. I've been looking roughly in NXP products website for newer devices that have pin compatible with LPC2136 but couldn't find one. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can find the longevity status of any NXP product by visiting Product information > Product Longevity (just type longevity in the search box if you cant remember this). For LPC2136FBD64 you can a 15-yr longevity from August 2006.

Product Longevity|NXP 

0 Kudos

danielkung
Contributor I

Brendon Slade, thank you to point me out to the product longevity.

Could you also help me to find out the Cortext M0 or M3 that have pin compatible with LPC2136?

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

I suggest to check the LPC17xx series, please check the below link:

LPC1700 Series: Scalable Mainstream Microcontrollers (MCUs) based on Arm® Cortex®-M3 Cores|NXP 

In addition, please check the application note AN10878, this application note introduces the important features of the LPC1700 series (Cortex-M3 based), and details the differences when compared to the LPC2000 family (ARM7 based). This application note will help enable users have a smooth migration process from the LPC2000 family to the LPC1700 series. 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN10878.pdf 

Have a great day,
Sol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos