I have to attach MIPI DSI display to iMX6QP reference board (MCIMX6QP -SBP) and run Linux on this display.
- iMX6QP reference board (with MIPI connector)
- MIPI DSI panel TRULY (HD0499K00059). It have resolution 720x1080.
- NXP Linux BSP release (Linux kernel revision 4.9) from Yocto 2.2 (Release L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga)
As I know, MIPI DSI support exist in the current kernel by driver and main my task is make configure for new HW. Am I right?
My current plan:
1) describe new MIPI_DSI panel in platform device tree files
2) remove HDMI and LVDS displays from supported drivers in kernel configuration. Rebuild image.
3) configure bootargs for new display usage by kernel.
Did I miss something?
What more details have I read to better understood? Links are preferred.
Display panel also contain touch, but now it’s postponed to make it work.