cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAP error while reading AIRCR / CPUID register

armaram
Contributor III

Hi,

We randomly keep getting this error while trying to the flash our KM34Z256VLL7 device.

Connecting ...
- Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0
- Target interface speed: 4000 kHz (Fixed)
- VTarget = 3.254V
- ERROR: DAP error while reading AIRCR / CPUID register
- ERROR: Failed to connect.
Could not establish a connection to target.

When I try the same from within KDS I get an error "Protection bytes of flash at addr 0x400-0x40F indicate that the readout protection is set. For debugger connection the device needs to be unsecured."

I noticed a chain which mentioned a procedure for KL processors, is there something similar for the KM series of controllers? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The KM34Z256VLL7 is using the same ARM Cortex-M0+ core, which has the same debug design with Kinetis L family product.

Customer could consider to use Segger J-Link commander tool to unlock the KM34Z256VLL7  product:

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

armaram
Contributor III

Hello Hui Ma,

I tired that and got a timeout response. I've attached a screenshot for your reference.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Arvind

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arvind,

I would recommend to use below thread attached J-Link Command script file:

pastedImage_1.png

Thread link is below:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/439921 

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

armaram
Contributor III

Hello Hui Ma,

Nothing seems to be working. We had few more boards mounted but all go into secure mode on the very first attempt to program the device.

Is there a way where we can check to see if we are unintentionally setting the mass erase and readout lock bits before we actually start programming?

Additional Info: Here's a log of the Jlink console of a very first attempt to program a fresh device

------------------------------------------------

Application log started
- J-Flash V6.14c (J-Flash compiled Mar 31 2017 17:46:07)
- JLinkARM.dll V6.14c (DLL compiled Mar 31 2017 17:45:52)
Reading flash device list [C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink_V614c\ETC\JFlash\Flash.csv] ...
- List of flash devices read successfully (451 Devices)
Reading MCU device list ...
- List of MCU devices read successfully (6407 Devices)
Creating new project ...
- New project created successfully
Connecting ...
- Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0
- Target interface speed: 4000 kHz (Fixed)
- VTarget = 2.989V
- ERROR: DAP error while reading AIRCR / CPUID register
- ERROR: Failed to connect.
Could not establish a connection to target.

-------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Arvind

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arvind,

For I don't have a valid J-Flash license, I could not try the J-Flash tool with TWR-KM34Z75M board.

While, during the J-Flash project setup process, if you select below [MKM34Z256xxx7] device?

That will help to avoid program the secured value at flash address 0x40C (FTFA_FSEC).

Customer also could check the image file address 0x40C value, which will be loaded to FTFA_FSEC register during chip reset.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos