cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso bug "No debug targets available"

pge
Contributor I

Dear all,

After some sequences of launching and terminating debug session in MCUXpresso 10.0.2 with LPC-link2 I regularly get the following error message:

A pup-up with title "LinkServer" show the following error:

No debug targets available

Reason:

All SWD targets are currently connected to other debug sessions.

Press 'Cancel' to terminate this launch

All the debug related buttons (Resume, Step Into, Terminate, ...) are disabled, the Debug panel is also closed so I cannot terminate any debug session.

I have tried Ctrl+F2 shortcut and to disconnect reconnect the probe but MCUXpresso still show the same pop-up again and again. The only solution to solve this issue is to close MCUXpresso and restart it. 

Thanks in advance for any support

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kensamuelson
Contributor II

i regularly get this problem too.  It worked for me to terminate using the Sequence:

Window -> Show View -> Other -> Debug -> Debug

The problem for me is that the Debug window closes (automatically).  I would think it should stay open if there is a debug session, even if it is terminated. 

Is there a way to leave, or force, the debug window to stay open?

0 Kudos

pge
Contributor I

Ok thanks will try as suggested next time.

I am running Windows 7 (64bits). I cannot say clearly if it's running or halted. Probably it's halted on a breakpoint.

I also found that if I am using only Terminate (Ctrl + F2), Resume (F8) and Debug button it's working nicely. It then seems related to "terminate all" button. Perhaps the terminate all process take a more time than excepted and kill (part of) the currently launching new debug session ?

Regards

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It sounds like some of the debug executables are failing to terminate correctly for some reason. You should be able to manually close them (without needing to close down the IDE).  

You may be able to reopen the Debug view in order to terminate using

• Window -> Show View -> Other -> Debug -> Debug

Or else use the task manager or equivalent provided by your host OS to kill any tasks called:

• redlinkserv
  • arm-none-eabi_gdb*
  • crt_emu_*

See section 14.12.7, "Troubleshooting LPC-Link2", of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide for more details.

Out of interest what host OS are you using? And when you first attempt to terminate the debug session (when it then fails) is your debug session running or halted?

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

pge
Contributor I

It seems to be pretty repeatable when you click on terminate on a current debug session if the terminate tack few seconds and then you click on debug to launch a new session just before the previous one is effectively terminated.

0 Kudos