AnsweredAssumed Answered

Project Copy / Paste and then Build fails...

Question asked by Robert Poor on Aug 1, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 by Alice_Yang

I have copied a freedom_bootloader project into my workspace using these switches (note that "Search for nested projects" and "Copy projects into workspace" are unchecked):

Screen Shot of "Import Projects" dialog

I can compile the resulting project without error.  

Now I would like to make some modifications, but want to keep the original project intact.  So in the KDS Project Explorer, I selected freedom_bootloader, did [right click] Copy and then [right click] Paste, and named the new project freedom_kl24z_bootloader.

But now when I try to build the newly copied project, I get many errors where the include file(s) are not found.  For example:

11:10:29 **** Build of configuration debug for project freedom_kl25z_bootloader ****
make -k all
Building file: /Users/r/Projects/Sensorex/Bootloader/NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0/src/utilities/src/fsl_assert.c
Invoking: Cross ARM C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall  -g -DDEBUG -DNDEBUG -DUSB_STACK_BM -DCPU_MKL25Z128VLK4 -DCPU_IS_ARM_CORTEX_M0P=1 -DFREEDOM -DBL_TARGET_FLASH -I../../../src -I../../../src/startup -I../../../../../src/platform/devices/MKL25Z4 -I../../../../../src/autobaud -I../../../../../src/usb/include -I../../../../../src/usb/osa -I../../../../../src/usb/device -I../../../../../src/usb/device/class -I../../../../../src/bm_usb -I../../../../../src/include -I../../../../../src/platform -I../../../../../src/platform/devices -I../../../../../src/platform/CMSIS/Include -I../../../../../src -I../../../../../src/drivers -I../../../../../src/startup -I../../../../../src/drivers/common -std=gnu99 -flto  -fno-inline-small-functions  -fno-common  -ffreestanding  -fno-builtin  -fshort-wchar  -mapcs -MMD -MP -MF"src/utilities/src/fsl_assert.d" -MT"src/utilities/src/fsl_assert.o" -c -o "src/utilities/src/fsl_assert.o" "/Users/r/Projects/Sensorex/Bootloader/NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0/src/utilities/src/fsl_assert.c"
/Users/r/Projects/Sensorex/Bootloader/NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0/src/utilities/src/fsl_assert.c:31:44: fatal error: utilities/fsl_rtos_abstraction.h: No such file or directory
#include "utilities/fsl_rtos_abstraction.h"
Building file: /Users/r/Projects/Sensorex/Bootloader/NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0/src/utilities/src/fsl_rtos_abstraction.c
                                            ^
compilation terminated.

My guess is that the original project is using links that don't resolve properly in the copied project, or that perhaps I need to modify the include path.  

Is there an obvious solution to this?

P.S.: One additional bit of info: In my Project Explorer, I note that there a a number of question marks next to the file icons in the copied project -- these don't appear in the original project.  I'm sure they're trying to tell me something:

Outcomes