cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Host Mass Storage on TWR-K64F120M + TWR-SER2

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Hi Team NXP,
I am trying to configure my TWR-K64F120M board + TWR-SER2 board for USB Host as a Mass storage Device. I am trying to run the host mass storage example give here:
         C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\usb_v2\example\host\msd\msd_fatfs
My Setup is:
Keil IDE.
MQX 4.2.
Teraterm(serial debug port)
TWR-K64F120M
TWR-SER2
Transcend USB flash drive.
Ulink2 Debugger.

The readme.pdf in this directory doesn't give any info on building the example project. [Build the uV5 project in C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\usb_v2\usb_core\device\build\uv4\usbd_mqx_twrk64f120m for the example project to build.]

The Jumper positions(not mentioned in readme.pdf) are:
> On SER2 board: J16 1,2 and J21 1,2 are connected.
> On TWR-K64 Board: J25 1,2 Connected.

On running the application, the application does not detect USB flash drive. The situation looks like this:

pastedImage_3.png

Few queries I have are:
> The example in K64F board directory has description(readme.pdf) for TWRK22F120M board. Is the document updated? Has this example been verified on TWRK64F120M board?
> Are there any dependencies I am missing?
> The hardware connections like Jumper settings on TWR-SER2 and TWR-K64 boards. Does the SER2 board too need to be powered for this to work.

I am a novice in USB. I'd appreciate the suggestions on running the example.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best regards
Sarma

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can find the default jumper configurations in the FSL_MQX_getting_started.pdf

pastedImage_1.png

Please check the below recommendations:

Ensure that TWR-SER2 – J21 (USB_VBUS_EN) shunt is connected.

Ensure that the TWR kit is powered from the TWR-ELEV board and not from processor board.

The default jumper settings for TWR-K64F120M standalone operation:

• J1, J16, J18, J19, J20, J31, J38 on position 1-2

• J6, J7,J8, J22, J23, J24, J25, J26, J27, J28, J33, J31, J34, J35, J36 and J39 closed

• J32 open

• J29 on position 5-6

• J10 and J15 on position 2-3

For USB Device mode, use onboard J17 Micro USB connector and jumpers set to default settings

For USB Host mode, use onboard J17 Micro USB connector and jumpers set to default settings. Connect the J2 (K20 DEBUG) Mini USB to the PC to enable power for the USB Host.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
Soledad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Hi Soledad,

Thanks for the pointers.

A few updates:

I have removed, R63 & R65 and connected R523 and R522[Ref here<https://community.nxp.com/thread/388650>] on my TWR board. I am using Keil Ulink2 debugger. Hence J39 on TWR-K64 board is kept OFF. Except these the rest are all as given in the FSL_Getting_Started.pdf.

On TWR-SER2, J21 is shunted. Besides this, in the TWR-ELEV Primary board, the J6 and J7 Jumpers are shunted and SW1 is at OFF.

My setup is as follows:

With this setup, no success in getting the TWR-K64F120M board work as a USB host for a mass storage device.

When you say

“Ensure that the TWR kit is powered from the TWR-ELEV board and not from processor board.”

Did you mean connecting another USB cable to the TWR-ELEV board? If so what should be the SW1 position in TWR-ELEV board?

Best regards

Sarma

0 Kudos