cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the down loading Simulink Model to MTRCKTDPS5643L Board Error Question

edenli
Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

Daniel,i opened the MCToolbox\rappid564xl\Examples\adc_pit_block.mdl Simulink model,and click the Build model Button of simulink,as shown :

pastedImage_2.png

but there is an Error popup as shown below:

pastedImage_1.png

About the question i did as follow,but can not solve it,

I made the J18 of the board in the short circuit state,shown as below:

pastedImage_3.png

and configure the RAppID BL Tool as below:

pastedImage_4.png

As discribtion above,and i can not solve it!

Help me!

0 Kudos
11 Replies

enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eden,

As your questions:

Firstly, asume you are using UART(serial boot via SCI), you should make sure your  on-board boot settings as FAB=1, and ABS0 = 0; ABS2 = 0 to make the MCU enter corresponding BAM mode; so you should leave J17 open and close both J18 and J19, at the same time, add a pull up(recommend 10K resistor ) circuit to FAB pad to drive the pin high for its reset default configuration is internal pull-down and no pull-up circuit on the board you are using.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_2.png

Secondly, the RAppID bootloader communication with the board(target MPC5643L MCU) via SCI or CAN is independly with FreeMaster settings in your Matlab simulink project. so in oder to make the RAppID(BAM) bootloader work, you should ensure the SCI(UART) or CAN's communication with your host PC is OK, and the ralated USB to UART(you can download and install the EVB board driver via the website link:http://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/device-drivers/MTRCK_56xx_USB_UART_drivers.zip ) or USB CAN tools driver is well installed and the communication is OK.

Best Regards,

Enwei Hu(胡恩伟).

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you enwei‌ for your valuable feedback.

Myself and cuongbui‌ were kind of stuck into this. 

Do you know if there any other way to check that the BAM is in the Serial Boot over SCI apart of going into debug with JTAG and check the SSCM_STATUS[BMODE] . Something like a blinking LED or some pin to show that state.

Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi edenli‌,

Unfortunately, i do not have such setup in my inventory - i have a different one with the same processor.

I think your issue is related with the board setup.

In order to program the board via the serial protocol, the board needs to be have the BAM (boot assist module) active.

According with the MCP5643L Reference Manual - chapter 9.4.2 Boot Through BAM, the BAM is executed only on one or both of the following cases:
• serial boot mode has been selected by FABM pin;
• hardware hasn’t found a valid Boot ID in any flash memory boot locations

According with the board manual there are 3 Jumpers that controls this:

Capture.JPG

I would try only with J17 closed and the other 2 jumpers open.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos

edenli
Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to tell you that I  try only with J17 closed and the other 2 jumpers open but i still do not down load the program!

I read the file named that RAppidBL_UserManual,shown that as below:pastedImage_2.png

fig 3

and the board circuit shown that :

pastedImage_3.png

fig 4

and so i short the j18,but i found a phenomenon that i test the pin 1 of J18,pin 1 of j19 and pin 1 of J17 using  the multimeter  and the result shown that is zero. is not the high 1.i don't konw that is right or not?

Now i can not down load the program to the board!!!!

My simulink model configured as below:

pastedImage_4.png

fig 5

There is another doubt that as figure 6 shown below:

the LIN0_TXD and LIN0_RXD is Lin,Whether we should configure Freemaster to Lin rather than  to Serial 0?

pastedImage_5.png

fig 6

Daniel,i can not solve it now!

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi edenli‌,

Sorry - now is see that the pins are connected to the ground. So what i was trying to suggest earlier was to keep only J17 open (processor pin 1) while the other two shall be connected/zero ( to ground).

When you say you measured with the voltmeter and all shows 0 - even without pulling them to the ground - are you sure the processor is power on ?

Have you managed so far to run the demo using the NXP reference application ?

I'm trying to find someone that have experience with setting up these boards in the meanwhile.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

edenli
Contributor V

Hi Dainel,

About the question using Simulink to down load the code into the  MTRCKTDPS5643L Board ,i you have received the ansower?:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi edenli

Not yet. The Bootloader team does not have a board similar with your and takes time to order/shipping.

In the mean time i asked them to double check the board schematics to see if there is something particular with that board to enable the boot loader.

The processor itself if mounted on a standard development board XPC56xx EVB motherboard revB works fine. That is why i think it might be just a documentation issue about how to configure that type of board.

Best regards,

Daniel 

0 Kudos

edenli
Contributor V

Hi daniel,

BTW,Whether NXP provide a file to clear the progress of the configure?

0 Kudos

edenli
Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

These days i found some doubt:

1#According to the tip,we should make ABS2 =1 ,FAB =1,and ABS0=0.

and i short J18 to ABS0=0,but ABS2 is not equal to 1,i thought the design of cricuit is not support the function,Whether is it design a pull cricuit in the board?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

2# i wanna make sure a doubt that the configure is right or not?

i do not know the TX_Pin and Rx_Pin is right or not? 

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos

edenli
Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

BTW,i used the C-code program ,down load the program,and popup another question as the below shown:

pastedImage_1.png

The C program come from the NXP official website.

0 Kudos

edenli
Contributor V

Hi  Dainel,

When i received the board ,there is program in the chip,and i connected the power ,the Motor running.

but i find another question the D114 is not light when i connect the power!

I read the cricuit:

pastedImage_1.png

Whether the borad about the power supply has question!

0 Kudos