Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFlash on HCS12x

Jump to solution
salmanshaikh
Contributor II

Hello,

I am new to NXP Microcontrollers. I am trying to setup D-Flash on HCS12X based microcontrollers. Could anyone please suggest me where can I find some examples for the same?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Salman.

I tested this demo on my side this morning.

In full chip simulation mode, I get same warning as you had. The reason is that Hiwave debugger doesn't include eeprom simulation feature. Thus we can only do it with connecting a board.

I just tested it with a DEMOAX9S12EP100 demo board . It works normal. See attached video.

Here is a point which is good to know:

Earlier S12 and S12X microcontrollers contained standard EEPROM memory. The main characteristic (from the user’s point of view) is that the sector size is 4 bytes (smallest partition of memory that can be erased).

Microcontrollers from S12XE and S12XF family are a little bit different. The technology has been changed – the memory size is higher but also the sector has been increased to 256 bytes. This kind of EEPROM memory is called D-Flash.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Here is a demo project that was developed by my colleague.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
salmanshaikh
Contributor II

I also tried to write to CCIF register using debugger temprorarily, but I am getting the following warning

'FCS Warning (ID 11): writing to unimplemented register at pc = 0xfe80ea'L. Value: 0x80, Memory Address: 0x106. S12XFTM module not implemented'

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Salman.

I tested this demo on my side this morning.

In full chip simulation mode, I get same warning as you had. The reason is that Hiwave debugger doesn't include eeprom simulation feature. Thus we can only do it with connecting a board.

I just tested it with a DEMOAX9S12EP100 demo board . It works normal. See attached video.

Here is a point which is good to know:

Earlier S12 and S12X microcontrollers contained standard EEPROM memory. The main characteristic (from the user’s point of view) is that the sector size is 4 bytes (smallest partition of memory that can be erased).

Microcontrollers from S12XE and S12XF family are a little bit different. The technology has been changed – the memory size is higher but also the sector has been increased to 256 bytes. This kind of EEPROM memory is called D-Flash.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

salmanshaikh
Contributor II

Hello, I tried to run the above code in Full Chip simulation mode, but the code in function 'EE_Init()' is stuck at the following 'while(FSTAT_CCIF == 0);' loop. 

0 Kudos