AnsweredAssumed Answered

TCPIP Stack for FRDM-K64F

Question asked by Stephen Hewitson on Mar 14, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 by Mark Butcher

Hi,

I have got the FRDM-K64F and wanted to play around with the webserver demo. I didn't really want to use a RTOS as I am more comfortable programming bare metal.

My overall thought is that the NXP/Freescale TCP/IP stack (lwIP) offering is poor compared with Microchip - unless I am looking in completely the wrong location. Their TCPIP stack examples include pressing radio buttons to switch on IO, reading IO to update radio buttons, reading ADC and writing to AJAX/Javascript parts etc. Plus there are the Windows tools to actually compile the websites down to *.c/*.h/*.bin files. 

On the other hand, information regarding the lwIP stack is generally lacking on the NXP side. I couldn't find any accessible information about modifying the example code and the tool to process the html is a perl script and *.c file with no information how to use these. 

Am I the only one that has these problems? 

I think I might look at a different TCPIP stack offering (such as FNET). Does anyone have any recommendations regarding getting a more functional webserver on the FRDM-K64F?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Outcomes