Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVCC_RGMII 3.3V mode in i.MX6SX

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all

I want to know the RGMII can use in 3.3V mode in i.MX6SoloX.

Could you tell me i.MX6SoloX can use 3.3V for RGMII ?

I checked "Absolute Maximum Ratings" and "Operating ranges" in following datasheet.

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/data-sheets/IMX6SXAEC.pdf 

The absolute max ratings of NVCC_RGMII is as below.

pastedImage_2.png

On the other hand, the operating ranges of NVCC_RGMII is as below.

pastedImage_3.png

Furthermore, I checked the schematic of MCIMX6SX-SDB (MX6SoloX SABRESDB_DESIGNFILES/Schematics/SPF-27962.pdf.pdf).

In device tree of SPF-27962.pdf.pdf, it seems like the NVCC_RGMII is inputted 3.3V.

pastedImage_6.png

As a result, I think the description of Absolute Maximum Ratings for NVCC_RGMII in datasheet is typo.

Am I correct ?

If my understanding is correct, please tell the correct value. 

Ko-hey

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ko-hey,

My apologies for the delay. I confirmed that the correct max rating for NCVV_RGMIIx is 3.6v, which would make it compatible with RGMII 3.3v and is indeed implemented on the i.MX6SX SABRE board.

Thanks for pointing this error out and my apologies for the inconvenience. This should be fixed on the next release of the documentation.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ko-hey,

My apologies for the delay. I confirmed that the correct max rating for NCVV_RGMIIx is 3.6v, which would make it compatible with RGMII 3.3v and is indeed implemented on the i.MX6SX SABRE board.

Thanks for pointing this error out and my apologies for the inconvenience. This should be fixed on the next release of the documentation.

Regards,

0 Kudos