cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can KDS generate an *.srec file?

Jump to solution
dstraight
Contributor II

I'd like to generate an *.srec file to be used by the MSD Flash programmer on the FRDM-KE04Z board.   I'm unclear if KDS can or cannot generate a *.srec file on its own.   If KDS has the ability to generate an *.srec file then do I need to install something or can a default installation of KDS compile an *.srec file?    If KDS isn't capable of generating this file then what tool can accomplish this task?

I'm using KDS v3.2

Thanks,

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dstraight
Contributor II

The answer is yes - KDS can produce *.srec files.

From the top menu select

Project -->  Properties

Then in the left-hand pane select   "C/C++ Build" --> "Settings"  then select the toolchains tab/button in the dialog box that appears.  In the dialog box select/check "Create Flash Image"

Next, select the Tool Settings Tab  - you'll see a folder tree appear within the dialog box.   In that folder tree select  "Cross ARM GNU Create Flash Image" --> "General"

Toward the upper right where it says Output file format (-O)  Select from dropdown "Motorola S-record"

Now the *.srec file will get generated 

kds_gen_srec_01.png

kds_srec_gen_02.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dstraight
Contributor II

The answer is yes - KDS can produce *.srec files.

From the top menu select

Project -->  Properties

Then in the left-hand pane select   "C/C++ Build" --> "Settings"  then select the toolchains tab/button in the dialog box that appears.  In the dialog box select/check "Create Flash Image"

Next, select the Tool Settings Tab  - you'll see a folder tree appear within the dialog box.   In that folder tree select  "Cross ARM GNU Create Flash Image" --> "General"

Toward the upper right where it says Output file format (-O)  Select from dropdown "Motorola S-record"

Now the *.srec file will get generated 

kds_gen_srec_01.png

kds_srec_gen_02.png