cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new driver in Yocto

franciscojavie9
Contributor II

Good Morning,

Firstly, I must say that I am new in Yocto Project. I am working on PowerPC QorIQ  P1022DS. I got the evaluation board from freescale and I installed the SDK 1.9 for this product.

The problem I have is that I need to install a MIL-STD-1553 driver and here I got the software for Linux:

BU-69092: AceXtreme® C Software Development Kit (SDK) 

I suppose that I have to add some new recipes and scripts to get this driver installed into my kernel, but I do not know how to start .

Could somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Francisco Javier Munoz ,

You need to add a Yocto recipe to build MIL-STD-1553 driver package as a Linux Kernel module, then build this package into rootfs filesystem and insert the module after Linux sets up on the target board.

You could refer to "asf" module recipe in meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/asf/asf_git.bb as an example.

Please refer to the section "2.5.2. Incorporating Out-of-Tree Modules" in Yocto user manual Yocto Project Linux Kernel Development Manual .

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos