AnsweredAssumed Answered

S32 KEAZ-SDK & PEX, MSCAN Missing --Help!

Question asked by Michael Wilson on Jan 31, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2017 by Robin_Shen

I purchased an FRDM-KEAZ128 board for CAN development, the Quick Start package calls for using S32 DS as the preferred IDE. However, the provided processor expert doesn't work right out of the box (missing board information and basic components). I even read that PEX is not even supported in S32 (I wonder why the tool is available?). Additionally, NXP provides an SDK to support the KEAZ but it has excluded the MSCAN module. The CAN capabilities was my top selling point for this controller. I was about to purchase the STRK-KEAZ or KE06.

Does any one know if there exists S32-SDK support for MSCAN on the FRDM-KEAZ128? I have no intention of using CodeWarrior or KDS as these are headed in different directions (PEX has LDD drivers for MSCAN and is well documented, however MSCAN is not included in Kinetis Design Studio's PEX). Plus, I notice the programming environments are very different when using the PEX vs SDK drivers. 

I'm confused as to why NXP excluded MSCAN from the SDK yet documented all the other drivers well!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Outcomes