MPC5644A DSI mode to drive TLE8718

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5644A DSI mode to drive TLE8718

Chenlong
Contributor II

I am trying to use MPC5644A to drive TLE8718, and TLE8718 requires MSC interface. So I set the DSPI on MPC5644A into DSI mode. The question is that I can not see the clock ouput and I don't know how to modify it.

I hope that you can provide a demo in which I can see how to configure SPI into CSI mode and to send a data .

To drive TLE8718, I have to send a command frame and then a data frame followed. In the datasheet , I find that I can only send a data frame using DSI , and I have to change the mode to SPI if I want to send a command frame, I don't know whether I am right.

If I want to send a SPI data, I know that I  just need to write data into DSPI_PUSHR. However, if I want to send a DSI data, what should I do? just write data into DSPI_ASDR?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To DSI:

Data may from the eTPU, eMIOS, or ASDR
DSPI_DSICR[TXSS] choose ASDR or SDR where SDR selects serialized eTPU or eMIOS channels.

These connections are described in:

30.9.17 DSPI connections to eTPU_A, eMIOS and SIU

I could recommend following appnote, it describes old module version that is however backward compatible, but I think it could helpful anyway:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN2867.pdf

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Currently I don’t have any example.

This situation is being solved by using of CSI mode (combined serial interface) allowing using of DSI and SPI modes together - there is no need to switch between them.

A „data frame“ begins with “0” and this is in DSI mode automatically placed there. A „command frame“ begins with “1” and this must be send software way in SPI mode (in CSI mode no need to switch).

0 Kudos