cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6UL - RMII to marvell switch

pietercardoen
Contributor II

Dear

I am trying to start a custom board with a marvell mv88e6171 switch connected via RMII to the imx6ul controller. The TX clock is provided by the switch towards the imx6ul controller. I've configured the imx6ul to use an external clock for the TX clock (GPR1 bits 17 and 13). The clock is 50 MHz. If I measure the data on ENET1_TXDATA0/1, It seems that the data is clocked out at a 5MHz rate. What could be the reason of this?

PS. The network communication is not yet working.

Best regards

Pieter Cardoen

Labels (1)
2 Replies

pietercardoen
Contributor II

This issue is solved: The fec driver was reading at a wrong address of the marvell chip. By this, the driver was configured to 10Mbit mode but 100Mbit mode was required. I needed to use indirect addressing to force the fec driver to use the correct phy registers.

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pieter

had you added switch dts records like

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree 

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree 

one can try to debug starting driver probe in

linux/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6171.c

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos