AnsweredAssumed Answered

SDK organization

Question asked by Deomid Ryabkov on Oct 26, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 by Marek Trmac

When developing an external example for KDS (Mongoose web server), i found it pretty hard to incorporate pieces of the SDK that i need, namely drivers and LWIP stack.

the example project ended up being more complicated than necessary, i had to instruct the user to put SDK in a specific location so that i can then refer to a specific directory inside. my example also had to import just the right parts of LWIP and exclude others - all in all, not a very straightforward way of doing it.

i am not working on an LPC4088 port and found that to be much better: in the LPCOpen package drivers are themselves separate Eclipse projects, and other projects can refer to them using eclipse path variables, like so: ${workspace_loc:/lpc_chip_40xx/inc}

lpc_chip_40xx here is the driver project's name, so it doesn't matter where the user put SDK, i can simply instruct them to import this particular project and that's it. very handy.

it's not all roses with LPC SDK - they duplicate entire LWIP source 3 times, which is a bummer, but that's another matter.

so, my suggestion for KSDK is to create projects for chip drivers, FRDM-K64F board drivers and 3rd party software (e.g. lwip). this will make using SDK in projects easier.

Outcomes